Please note that the aforementioned fees are non refundable.
1.Administration and Referencing Fee is £360.00 inclusive of VAT for 1 adult per a single named property. (Each additional adult added to the tenancy will accrue a fee of £60.00 inclusive of VAT).
*The fees include financial credit checks, obtaining references from current and/or previous employers, previous or existing landlord, right to rent checks and taking into account any other information to help assess the affordability and suitability of the application. Contribution towards the setting up of the tenancy and the compilation and exchanging of the tenancy agreement.
2.Guarantor application fee will be charged at £60.00 inclusive of VAT.
The fees include credit checks and employer references.
3.Company application fee will be charged at £360.00 inclusive of VAT. (Please note, for limited companies a director will be required to sign as a guarantor at an additional cost of £60.00 inclusive of VAT).
Please note - if your or a guarantor's application fails or is withdrawn the above fees are non refundable.
Tenant Charges and Fees
4.Checking in Fee of £90.00 inclusive of VAT. The tenant is responsible and the charge covers move in appointment, visiting the property to check property condition with the Tenant(s) with the key(s) supplied at the Property.
A deposit is required on all rental property. The standard deposit is equivalent to one and half months rent. The deposit will be protected by a Tenancy Deposit Scheme for the duration of your tenancy.
ON COMMENCEMENT OF TENANCY
On commencement of the tenancy the agreed rent for the first month will need to be paid in advance as well as the security deposit described above.
Please note the following fees will also apply and form part of your Agreement with Charles and Co and the Property you will be letting through us as Agents.
1. Rent arrears letters & late rent payments will incur a fee of £24.00 (inclusive of vat.) , this will be charged each time a rent payment is overdue by more than 7 days, without prior notification in writing to the Accounts Department (Late rent fee).
2. Returned payment from bank/ unpaid/ dishonoured cheques will be charged at £36.00 (inclusive of vat.)
3. A Tenancy renewal fee is payable in the sum of £60.00 (inclusive of vat.) if the renewal term is for a further 6 months. Should the Tenants wish to renew the Term of the Tenancy for 12 months the renewal fee is £120.00 (inclusive of vat.). The cost covers the negotiation of the tenancy renewal, drafting the tenancy agreement and creating systemic rental demands for the next Tenancy term.
4. Late Renewal Fee £25.00 inclusive of VAT. Should the tenant renew the tenancy after the end date this fee will be charged.
5. Amendment to Tenancy £60.00 inclusive of VAT. During the tenancy term, this fee is charged if one or more persons on the tenancy requests to be removed.
4. Further copies/replacement Agreement will be charged at £10.00 (inclusive of vat.) per copy.
5. If the start date of the Tenancy is changed after the paperwork has been sent out this will incur a charge of £30 inclusive of VAT.
6. Replacing lost inventory £10 inclusive of VAT.
10. Failure to check out of the property on the confirmed time and date (unless notice is given 48 hours beforehand) £120 inclusive of VAT.
12. Rent reminder letter £15 inclusive of VAT.
14. Failing to provide access to the property for a routine visit £30 inclusive of VAT.
15. Application to retract your tenancy notice £120 inclusive of VAT.
17. Interest of 2% above the Bank of England base rate payable from the date on which the rent was due until the date on which it is actually paid.